Crash when open the OCR on ICS

Thomas

Hi,
I'm really fond of Pleco on my Nexus S. I live in China and it's really great for me to get translate from the ocr to my native language (French).

I buy the OCR Add-on some weeks ago with Market Enabler. But since about one week my Pleco app crash when i try to use the OCR mode and i'm really upset about this :( !!
I'm running the Nexus S with Android ICS (4.0.3) on the MIUI ROM(2.2.17).
I already try to re-install Pleco after a factory/reset but nothing changed.

There is some details about my device:
Board: herring
Brand: google
Build ID: IML74K
Build type: user
Codename: REL
Device: crespo
Incremental version: 2.2.17
Model: Nexus S
Network name: CHN-CUGSM
Network type: 3
Phone type: 1
Product: full_crespo
Release: 4.0.3
UI language: en_US

The full log of the crash on my Device:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/153059/log_plec ... 827946.txt
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/153059/log_plec ... 809778.log

Thanks to help me to find out what is wrong with my App :D !

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Looks like it's a bug in your MIUI theme - you'll see that the ultimate cause of the crash is android.content.res.MiuiResources$MIUITheme.obtainStyledAttributes attempting to load an attribute that doesn't exist. Did you change themes or update your phone's firmware around the time the crashes started?

Unfortunately, we don't a Nexus S here - just a Galaxy S, which MIUI doesn't appear to offer an ICS version for at the moment. So it'd be difficult for us to reproduce this problem on our end. But changing firmware should take care of this, and even changing themes probably would - you could also post a message to the MIUI forums with your crash log and see if they have any insight as to why this is happening.

Thomas

Yes it seems that the bug comes from MIUI.
I just re-flash my Nexus S with a Koush ROM (CyanogenMod 9 Alpha) with Android 4.0.1 and everything get back normal. :wink:
I will wait until the MIUI dev-team fix this bug... :(