Detailed Install Instructions

mferrare

All,

I followed the install instructions in the download but I'm not getting much joy. I have a HTC Dual running WM6. I copied the directory tree in the zip file to \Storage Card\Pleco and I copied the audio files into this dir also. I have cedict.pdb and unihan.pdb sitting in \Storage Card as well as the keyfile.pdb.

Pleco has unlocked OK but first time out it told me it couldn't find any dictionaries. Now that i'm in, well, nothing seems to work or it runs very very slowly

* Help -> Help... yielded nothing. Pleco froze for about 30 sec then went back to normal
* Help -> Ordering worked fine
* If I click on the input panel, type in a character and click on 'Recognise' nothing happens and the app freezes. I can go to the 'Today' screen then start -> settings -> memory to kill it. But this is all very slow which makes me think that it's taking up CPU and that might be related to the no dictionaries issue?
* The input line in the pleco engine never accepts a cursor. So I can't type anything.
* The only 'dictionary' is called 'U. S.' but has not entries.

My Dictionaries are in \Storage Card\Pleco\dictionaries (as per the zip file). The exe is in \Storage Card\ppcapps and so on and so on. Is this how it should be?

Mark

mferrare

All,

An update. I have copied everything from the zip file to a flat structure in \Storage Card\Pleco. I then copied the exe and DLL to \Program Files\Pleco on my touch dual. Things are working better. I can see all the dictionaries and fonts etc OK. Still some issues though but I will post them to the feedback topic as they're more appropriate there.

Mark