dictionary request: a comprehensive dictionary of legal terms currently in use in the PRC

It would be very helpful to have a dictionary of currently used legal terms in the PRC. Regular dictionaries that do not specialize in legal matters miss the nuances. Such a dictionary would be very helpful to lawyers, especially, and to anyone who wants precise definitions of legal terms

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
We’d love to offer a legal dictionary, but we haven’t found an up to date one that we can license. (Any recommendations for good printed titles we should inquire about?)

We’d love to offer a legal dictionary, but we haven’t found an up to date one that we can license. (Any recommendations for good printed titles we should inquire about?)
I will make some inquiries of a friend in the PRC and find out what is the preferred one over there

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
This seems like more of a glossary type thing - maps a Chinese word to an English translation and then provides the full definition in English. So I don't know if there's enough there that it's something we could license + make back our investment on, even assuming the makers of this site were willing to license it to us.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Last I checked they weren't interested in licensing out that one, but it's been a few years and I can ask again the next time I'm talking with them.