Different chinese font

rbshen

I use Pleco mainly for pinyin learning and stroke consultation for my daugther, and I found that using the printable font is not a good way to show learn the stroke. Is that possible to change the font to a more hand writing font?

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
rbshen said:
I use Pleco mainly for pinyin learning and stroke consultation for my daugther, and I found that using the printable font is not a good way to show learn the stroke. Is that possible to change the font to a more hand writing font?

Unfortunately no, though you can make it thicker via Settings / Panels / Stroke Order / Bold font which might make it a bit nicer to look at at least.

rbshen

This is not an aesthetic view that I want to raise, some characters are completely different, like 華, the stroke is different in hand writing.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
rbshen said:
This is not an aesthetic view that I want to raise, some characters are completely different, like 華, the stroke is different in hand writing.

Is that really a handwriting-specific difference or just a stylistic one in general? There seem to be quite a few sources that do it our way and quite a few that do it with the middle stroke split (which I assume is what you're referring to) - it's tough because there really is no one authoritative source on stroke order, different groups have different opinions.