Disabling double-tap pop-up of word type defintion in Screen Reader

anhnha

举人
How can I disable this popup that appears whenever I double-tap any place in the screen reader definition? I think it's excessive. It would be better if it only appeared when we tap on the "N."
It always gives the same information, I'm tired of accidentally tapping and having to read/close it repeatedly. I believe this issue only occurs with the ABC dictionary, where the word type is displayed.

1680159765777.png

1680159800605.png

Last edited:

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
It should already only be appearing when you tap on the N - are you not able to, say, drag-scroll the definition otherwise? Are there any other accessibility features enabled on your phone (something to assist with screen taps, say) that might redirect a far-away tap to a button in other circumstances?

anhnha

举人
As you can see in the video below, the pop-up appears when I click almost anywhere on the definition, and I don't have any accessibility features enabled that would allow me to tap on the labeled as "N" either. It's just a single tap, not a double tap, which can easily happen by accident.
I'm using a Galaxy Note 10 Plus, in case that information is helpful.

Here is the text in the example above, and the word in the definition is 基础 (just in case that information is needed).

对于学习中文的学生而言,无论 他们的初学阶段是在小学、中学、或大 学(K-16),读写能力的启蒙是中文学 习最大的挑战之一。尤其是初学者在刚 接触以汉字为基础的书写系统时,这种 挑战就显得更加艰巨。本篇 CELIN 专题 指南概述中文项目在学生发展中文读写 能力初期时应该考虑的一些重要问题, 包括中文使用汉字为读写基础的涵义、 简体字与繁体字的区别、何时及为何教 授和使用汉语拼音(在本篇指南中简称 拼音,拼音是一套使用罗马字母来帮助 学习者读出汉字发音的系统),同时还 介绍了各种能够启蒙学生读写能力的有 效方法。在学生中文听说读写能力萌芽 之后,他们将需用不同的方法和策略来 进一步发展中文的读写技能,对此我们 将在另一篇 CELIN 专题指南中论述

Last edited:

anhnha

举人
Hello, I was just wondering if there is any news on the error that needed investigating. Thank you for your assistance.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
I’m afraid we haven’t been able to reproduce it here so far - at the moment my best suggestion would be that you use another dictionary for the reader until we manage to sort it out. (If you’ve bought the ABC dictionary recently and would like a refund because it’s not working well for you with this feature, contact us and we can set that up)

anhnha

举人
Thank you for the information. It's quite frustrating, but that dictionary is my favorite, so I'll wait for the fix.

anhnha

举人
Hello, I have just tried using a different phone and have found that the issue remains exactly the same. It appears that the problem is not with my phone specifically.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
It might not be related to a specific phone, it's just that whatever is causing it doesn't seem to be happening here in our testing so far. We'll keep checking back on it, and perhaps also eventually more reports will come in to help us triangulate the problem, but at whatever point we do eventually fix it, it's likely to take a lot longer than a week, so if you need this fixed right away, I'm afraid the best option I can currently offer is to use another dictionary.