download files from computer

jakesjag

Did I understand this correctly - that it is possible to download a document from our computer to use in Pleco on our phone. If so, how do we do it.
Thanks
Marilyn

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
jakesjag said:
Did I understand this correctly - that it is possible to download a document from our computer to use in Pleco on our phone. If so, how do we do it.

Yes, here's how:

• Connect your iPhone to your computer.
  • Open up iTunes, and click on your iPhone's name in the list on the left side of the screen.
  • At the TOP of the screen (NOT the left side), you should see several tabs; "Summary," "Music," "Apps," etc. Click on the "Apps" tab.
  • In the bottom half of that screen, you should see a list of applications with an empty box to the right of it. Scroll through that list (NOT the one in the top half of the screen) and click "Pleco."
  • Drag the file you want to copy into the empty box to the right of the list of applications, or just click on the "Add" button below that box and select the file you want to copy.

(sorry for all of the boldfaced capital letters, but iTunes' user interface can be rather confusing - two different Apps tabs to click on, two different lists of apps, etc)

jakesjag

I got so far with this then had a problem. It is a Word document that I have on my computer that I would like to open on iphone to read with Pleco.

If it is possible to view this way, where would I save it on my computer so I could get it in - I guess itunes - so it could be viewed by Pleco. I tried to do this and got the message it is not possible to save here or the other one was that it was not posbble ti save to Favorites.
Thanks
Marilyn

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
jakesjag said:
I got so far with this then had a problem. It is a Word document that I have on my computer that I would like to open on iphone to read with Pleco.

If it is possible to view this way, where would I save it on my computer so I could get it in - I guess itunes - so it could be viewed by Pleco. I tried to do this and got the message it is not possible to save here or the other one was that it was not posbble ti save to Favorites.

Word document viewing doesn't work very well in Pleco - you have to highlight a paragraph of text and press a button to bring it up in a separate screen before you can tap-lookup words - so you might be better off saving the file in text format first.

Re that error message, though, if you just save the file to your desktop or your documents folder, you should be able to copy it into Pleco via iTunes - what exactly are you doing that's getting you to those error messages?