download flashcards

Hello. I have a simple list of chinese words in a file. i would like to upload it to the app so that a category is created with the name given in the file (whether a date or name or something else typed in the file) and then all the definitions are added by the app. Do you have a simple guide to show how to do that?

Thanks,
Adam E

Shun

状元
Hello Adam,

yes, exactly this is supported. You simply have to change the format of the wordlist a little (add lines with '//' in front to name categories), then copy the wordlist into your Pleco, and import it. If you navigate using the table of contents, you should quickly be able to find your way reading this document:

http://android.pleco.com/manual/310/flash.html

Hope this helps,

Shun

Thank you. I imported a simple list following the instructions. I started the test with the new flashcards but when i touch "view entire card", no definitions are revealed. What did I do wrong?
Thanks,
Adam E

Shun

状元
Hi Adam,

oh yes, you need to activate "Fill in missing fields" in the Import screen. Definition source also needs to be set to Dicts only or Prefer Dicts. Finally, under Dictionaries, you need to get the dictionaries in the order you would like them to be used in during import.

You're welcome,

Shun

Shun

状元
Could it be that your list contains longer phrases instead of single words? Would you like to send the list to me, either here or by private message?

Shun

状元
OK, 逃出 is in the following dictionaries: ABC, CCY, ADS, CF, HDD, WHK. It may be that the dictionaries you have installed (or selected under Import) are different ones. 朝鲜国 is only in the Grand Ricci, 朝鲜 would be in many more dictionaries.

I'd suggest that you try it with words that are sure to occur in the dictionaries you have installed, such as 介绍 or 结识, as a test.

OK. I see. Thanks.

Those acronymns (ABC, CCY, ADS, CF, HDD, WHK) how do i know which one belongs to the name that is listed in the add-ons?

Shun

状元
You‘re welcome!

I believe you know these only after the fact (after buying them) from the Settings > Manage Dictionaries screen or by long-pressing the acronym in the Dictionaries screen. Usually they are formed with the initial letters of the dictionary names.

Regards, Shun