Examples disappear in ABC flashcards

How come when I'm working on flashcards in SRS format and the flashcard definition comes from the ABC dictionary, when I reveal the card the examples don't appear? However, when I go to to card info I can see the examples? I like having example sentences to put the word into context. For example with the character 约, the sample sentences disappear on revealing the card meaning. Actually it also happens with PLC dictionary.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
pprendeville said:
How come when I'm working on flashcards in SRS format and the flashcard definition comes from the ABC dictionary, when I reveal the card the examples don't appear? However, when I go to to card info I can see the examples? I like having example sentences to put the word into context. For example with the character 约, the sample sentences disappear on revealing the card meaning. Actually it also happens with PLC dictionary.

That's actually a "feature" - you can turn it off by going into the "Display" configuration screen and setting "Definition sections" to "No Xrefs" or "Show All."

Sorry Mike, went through Pleco and can't find the "Display" Configuration screen. Do I have to go to settings and work from there as per picture?
IMG_0791.png

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
pprendeville said:
Sorry Mike, went through Pleco and can't find the "Display" Configuration screen. Do I have to go to settings and work from there as per picture?

Sorry, I meant the one specifically for flashcards (in Flashcards / Flashcard Testing).

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
pprendeville said:
Sorry still can't find it. Where do I go in Flashcard testing?

Flashcards / Flashcard Testing, scroll down to "More Options" and you should see "Display" in there.