Experimental New PlecoMover for Palm OS

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
A new test version of PlecoMover, our handy utility for backing up flashcard / user dictionary databases in 2.0 on Palm OS, has been posted at:

http://www.pleco.com/beta/pd2b7b-mover.zip

This version starts you off with a nice friendly interface that lists all the active flashcard / user dictionary files and lets you tap on a single button to back them up to an SD card, or (on NVFS devices) to a PDB which you can then backup with a HotSync. You can still access the older interface with its larger array of options by tapping on the Advanced button.

Also added two other oft-requested features to this, a progress counter and a prompt to overwrite existing files (rather than simply failing with an error message).

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
One feature we still haven't added is modification dates, but those should be in the Beta 8 version.

The Progress Counter Doesn't Seem To Reflect The Number Of Cards Being Copied/Backed-Up. :?
(If It Does Then Not All My Flashcards Are Being Copied/Backed-up. :( )

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
It's actually a count of database record pages, not of individual flashcards. But now that I think about it, that seems really confusing - I'll make a note to switch it to a percentage in Beta 8.