Experimental PPC Audio + HWR Fix

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Available here:

(link removed, fix now incorporated into Beta 3a - see the announcement for a download link for that)

This has been tested + verified to fix the audio-loaded-but-not-working bug (turns out that there was another cause besides the files), and also contains our new, Really Should Work This Time fix for the handwriting recognizer not recording strokes written too quickly after one another. The same audio fix should also apply on Palm but that version is sufficiently glitchy right now that there's not even any point in releasing an experimental test of it until we've nailed down a few more problems. (though we are working on those)

daniu

榜眼
Hi!

Sorry that I kept you waiting so long for an answer!

These files seem to solve all my problems so far. For the first time I had been thinking about really moving to PD2.0. But for the sake of possible flashcard changes I think I will wait for some more time ...

regards
Daniel

ssaito

探花
this fix fixes the audio problem for me. also, hand-writing recognition is useable, though not as fast as it was in original plecodict.

thanks,
steve

at&t 8525 w/ wm6

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Are you sure the audio files are installed / unlocked? Are they listed among the paid components on the Ordering screen? Try a soft reset and reinstall of those files (make sure to use the new B3 ones) and see if that improves matters any.

mwang21

I can't get the audio to play. Are the audio files supposed to be in the same folder as the rest of the pleco files?

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Looks like your keyfile was missing the audio component due to a database glitch - fixed via e-mail.