External data files

Yiliya

榜眼
Can somebody please upload the SD card data files somewhere?

I can't download them via the program and it's really annoying. Would it really be so hard to provide a link to those 25MB?

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Yiliya said:
Can somebody please upload the SD card data files somewhere?

I can't download them via the program and it's really annoying. Would it really be so hard to provide a link to those 25MB?

We'll post one for the finished version, but we've avoided doing so for the beta because we're trying to debug the download system - are you not able to download the files because you don't have internet access on your device, or is the connection slow, or do you get some kind of error message? (if we can't diagnose / fix this for you, I can certainly PM you a download link)

Yiliya

榜眼
I don't have wi-fi at home.

I tried downloading the files at a nearby cafe, it was very slow (about 40 min), and even though the program seemed to launch fine after downloading the files, the download process restarted again after a few seconds (maybe the files failed a CRC check or something). Very, very annoying.

Look, I don't have time for this. No files, no interest in your program. Users should definitely be able to install everything offline.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Yiliya said:
I don't have wi-fi at home.

I tried downloading the files at a nearby cafe, it was very slow (about 40 min), and even though the program seemed to launch fine after downloading the files, the download process restarted again after a few seconds (maybe the files failed a CRC check or something). Very, very annoying.

Hmm... That suggests something wrong with our server network, then - supposed to have good coverage in China (and it has from the other tests we've run) but I guess it's not working in this case. Sorry about that - we'll investigate whether we can get any more China mirrors online for the finished release.

Yiliya said:
Look, I don't have time for this. No files, no interest in your program. Users should definitely be able to install everything offline.

Sorry to hear that. If you change your mind just email or PM me and I'll be glad to send you a separate download link for the files. But I'll stand by our decision not to post one publicly during the beta - we wouldn't have known about this issue if you hadn't told us, and if there had been an easy way to download the files on your computer then you probably wouldn't have bothered to do so.

tck921

Hello there,
I seem to be having a similar issue. The downloader opens fine, but it stops after a few seconds. Might be a network issue, but the PC works fine. Would love to have the data files so I can try out the rest of the app! Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
tck921 said:
Hello there,
I seem to be having a similar issue. The downloader opens fine, but it stops after a few seconds. Might be a network issue, but the PC works fine. Would love to have the data files so I can try out the rest of the app! Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

Thanks for posting.

Does the downloader actually indicate that it's downloaded some files (i.e. does the progress meter show up), or does it just say that it's "connecting" and then fail to actually start downloading? That'll help illuminate where the problem is happening.

tck921

The download bar shows up and starts downloading the files, but it crashes after about 1 minute.
Thanks.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
tck921 said:
The download bar shows up and starts downloading the files, but it crashes after about 1 minute.

Sorry, do you mean that it actually crashes or just that it comes up as "Failed"?