Few more hours...

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Just discovered a last-minute bug which basically causes the Palm version to crash whenever it's playing audio (new problem, wasn't there a week ago), if we have to to get this out today we'll release it with the bug intact but hopefully we'll get it squashed soon.

ipsi

状元
Ack. That's a bit of a bugger. Hope it comes out soon. Looks like I'll have to go to Uni without the new version :(

sfrrr

状元
ipsi--when yo say "go to uni," does this mean you're getting on a plane/train/bus and going to another city to study? Or does it mean that you go to uni every morning and come home at night? (I'm hoping it's the latter option, because then you'll be able to take it with you tomorrow.

Sandra

ipsi

状元
Hop on a train then a bus to get there, and then do the same later on tonight to come home :).

So yeah. I'll be able to grab it later today or tomorrow.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Problem solved, turned out to be an incredibly stupid mistake on my part; accidentally reintroduced a previously-fixed bug, in spite of the fact that I'd written myself a note in that particular source file in all capital letters telling myself not to do the specific thing which I'd done. So just a little more testing and it should be uploading away...

Sarevok

进士
ipsi said:
Hop on a train then a bus to get there, and then do the same later on tonight to come home :).
Same here :mrgreen:

Seems 2.0 won't make it for my first Chinese class this semester (i.e. tomorrow morning) but maybe it's for the best since it's going to be so unstable and all and I would probably stick with the current version in the class anyway...

EDIT: Ok, I'll try to get up earlier tomorrow and install the thing in the morning. Hehe, this all reminds me of the people lining up before bookstores in the night when the new HP was about to come out...

ipsi

状元
See, I need the preview version so I can show it off before the last Chinese Class of the trimester (which is next Friday). :)

Also, Mike, Good Work there. I'm sure I've done the same thing myself from time to time. How much longer to wait?

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Still an hour or two before we start uploading, there are a couple of other little issues which I'd really like to get fixed and in spite of everyone's eagerness to see this I think you'll be much happier with the result if these couple of things are taken care of. (one of them for example makes it almost impossible to access stroke order on Palm, obviously a big problem for some people) So, y'know, go outside, get some fresh air, try to think about something other than Chinese dictionaries for a few hours and when you come back it should be posted.

herve

举人
already October 2nd here...... :cry: :wink:

mikelove said:
go outside, get some fresh air, try to think about something other than Chinese dictionaries for a few hours and when you come back it should be posted.
Midnight (plus a few minutes)..... I would perfer to go to bed.... am I allowed? :mrgreen:

At least, I know that in a few hours, I will be donwloading while having my breakfast! 8)

I would not mind waiting for more time; this is obviously worthwhile waiting for. My students will be sujected a good demo. It's going to be the official advice from my department (I'm the only techno geek there!)

Mike, don't bother replying to this or any other email, we know you're busy and you've always answered every email on the dot.

thanks

Henry :D

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
OK, those couple of bugs seem to be fixed (after taking way longer than expected) so we should be good to go... beta should be uploaded and downloadable within an hour or two, just barely making our 10/1 deadline here in New York.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Files are now uploading, should be done in about 40 minutes (connection is painfully slow tonight). Then just another 10 or 20 to get everything organized and we'll be good to go.