Field "Phonetic" in Character Info Screen

Hi, Pleco Forum,

Recently I have added a new field, namely "Phonetic", to the character info screen. Does anyone know what the (alfa)numeric code of this field refers to? E.g. 廷 Phonetic 1345 1346A.
Lately I have become very interested in the phonetic components, so your answers will be very much appreciated. Than you.

tsr

秀才
sobriaebritas said:
Hi, Pleco Forum,

Recently I have added a new field, namely "Phonetic", to the character info screen. Does anyone know what the (alfa)numeric code of this field refers to? E.g. 廷 Phonetic 1345 1346A.
Lately I have become very interested in the phonetic components, so your answers will be very much appreciated. Than you.
Here is the information on that field from http://www.pleco.com/ipmanual/unihan.html

Syntax: [1-9][0-9]{0,3}[A-D]?*?
Description: The phonetic index for the character from Ten Thousand Characters: An Analytic Dictionary by G. Hugh Casey, S.J. Hong Kong: Kelley and Walsh,1980.

Thank you for the information. I should have googled before asking. I did it afterwards, found all the codes, and decoded them. Anyone who feels curious about these characters can have look at the attached file.

Attachments

• Unihan_Phonetic_Data.txt
    382.1 KB · Views: 856

tsr

秀才
sobriaebritas said:
I did it afterwards, found all the codes, and decoded them. Anyone who feels curious about these characters can have look at the attached file.

Great! Thanks for the file.