flashcard converter--thanks

ipsi

状元
Indeed. I don't suppose you could have included line-breaks or something though? Gedit doesn't like opening a 760KB line very much... Cat and Nano work ok though

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
I suppose we could add an option for that in the finished build, but since they don't make the slightest difference to Pleco's importer they seem like a waste of space - then again, if we were really that space-conscious we'd either compress the files or use shorter tag names, so I guess readability is worth a few dozen extra K.

Firefox works really well for large XML files, so if you try opening it with that you might have better luck - there are also utilities out there that'll insert line breaks into XML for you.

ipsi

状元
Fair enough. Wrote a simple Java program to format it nicely, which seems to have done the trick. :D.

EDIT: Created Date is milliseconds since Jan 1 1970? (Or whenever it is, exactly).

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Yep - http://www.epochconverter.com is a good resource for converting those. For nitpickers, it's in UTC but the times in 1.0 were stored in local time so it calculates the difference based on whatever your current time zone is. Which means you should probably fly to whatever country you were in when you created most of your cards before you do the conversion. (or just set your system clock to the appropriate time zone, but that's cheating :D )

ipsi

状元
Well, given that I have some cards created in China, some in New Zealand (before Daylight Savings), and some created in New Zealand (after daylight savings), I think I'll just put up with some wonky times :).

daniu

榜眼
ipsi said:
Well, given that I have some cards created in China, some in New Zealand (before Daylight Savings), and some created in New Zealand (after daylight savings), I think I'll just put up with some wonky times :).

Oh - in case this is really one of your biggest problems * just give me a call - I can transfer some real problems to you - 好吧?

To add something sensible to this post: worked great for me ... Thanks - so far.

regards
Daniel

* if I understand correctly the "problem" is that the time (not even the date! OK ok ... might also influence the date) of some cards is wrong because PD does not know in which time zone the card was created)

radioman

状元
I just flipped 12,000 cards without incident, so the program's execution for me appeared quite tight. As for readability, it would be a nice to have... but if its not in physical path to a B5 transition....