Flashcard file location changed to backup copy

ben_gb

探花
Hi,

I've found that Pleco has started using a backup copy of my flashcard database which is on the SD card, rather than the one in My Documents.

From time to time, I copy my flashcard db file into a directory called /Pleco Flashcard Backup/ on the SD card of my Touch HD. I was about to do this again yesterday, when I noticed the file size was much bigger and the access time more recent on the file in the backup directory, compared to the one in My Docs (I've done a lot of importing and adding cards since I last copied the flashcard file).

I tested which file was being used (by renaming the file and running pleco) and found that it's the one copied into the backup directory. There is a Flashcard file still present in My Docs, but it's not being used.

I tried copying the up to date file back into My Docs, but it's still being ignored. If I "hide" the Flashcard file in the backup directory (by renaming), then I get an error from Pleco (something about Flashcard system cannot be initialized, do a soft reset to fix). It doesn't automatically pick up the My Docs file again.

I'm not sure which beta this problem appeared in...maybe 2.0.1, or could have been earlier as I don't think I was doing these sorts of backups when I first ran 2.0.

How can I point pleco back at the Flashcard file in "My Docs"?

Thanks.

Ben

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Pleco on WM actually just opens up whichever flashcard file it encounters first - there's no specific priority order / no way of telling it which file to open. However, if you just take the word "Pleco" out of that directory name (per step 7 of the backup instructions in the manual), that should prevent the software from searching it for files on startup.

With the "cannot be initialized" error, though, is there any chance Pleco might have still been running in the background when you moved / renamed that file? It's possible the copy of it could have been corrupted - try deleting it, making absolutely sure Pleco's not running, and copying it from the SD card again.