Flashcards for "Chinese Learn Online"

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
I actually just received a complete set of flashcard lists directly from CLO - I'll post them here once we've got them converted. (thanks very much for posting this - the email with the lists landed in my junk mail box for some reason and I might not have even discovered it if I hadn't gone looking for it after reading your post)

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
OK, here are the files. These are standard UTF-8 text files; they don't include their own definitions, so there are about 81 entries with no corresponding definitions in any of our dictionaries, but you can find / fix those by searching for "incomplete" in "Search Cards." (if anybody wants to fill those in and post an updated version with the missing definitions inserted into the files, feel free) Thanks to Adam Menon of CLO for providing these.

Attachments

• clo-pleco.zip
    27.5 KB · Views: 2,714

Adam_CLO

Here is an updated version of the Flashcards for the vocabulary for all 420 CLO lessons WITH definitions!

If you're an existing CLO subscriber, we have added Pleco's format to our export page here: http://www.newclo.com/lessonexport
So you can choose a range of lessons you want to study and what items (words, characters, supplemental vocabulary) you want to study, and it will export that content directly into a Pleco compatible format.

Let me know if there any issues.

Adam

Attachments

• CLO_Pleco.txt
    81.7 KB · Views: 1,905

Alexis

状元
Thanks Mike and Adam! This will come in extremely useful.

Might be a good idea to Add a "Chinese Learn Online" Parent Category so as not to clutter up the user's flashcard list after importing.

Also, there seems to be some sort of carriage return character at the end of each line that gets imported into the definition.

Adam_CLO

Thanks for the feedback. Alexis. I'll add parent category options to the Export page, and update the file above when that's ready. I'll also look into the carriage return issue.

Adam_CLO

Here's another version of the file. It features a "Chinese Learn Online" category. I've also made an adjustment to the carriage return - let me know if there are still issues. Thanks!

Attachments

• CLO_Pleco (2).txt
    2.6 KB · Views: 835

Alexis

状元
Adam_CLO said:
Here's another version of the file. It features a "Chinese Learn Online" category. I've also made an adjustment to the carriage return - let me know if there are still issues. Thanks!

The new version of the file seems to be corrupted. Based on your initial version, I made a version with the category and carriage return fix:

Attachments

• CLO_Pleco_3.txt
    87.6 KB · Views: 46,753