Flashcards for phrases

pwestcitt

I just purchased Plecodict 2.0 Professional, and I'm quite impressed, it is definitely worth the investment. However, I'm having trouble using the Flashcard function when creating my own flashcards. When I add a word from the dictionary to the flashcards it is always recognized and has no problem, but when I create my own flashcards with longer phrases, they do not always show up on the flashcard tests. Particularly, they do not show up when I set the test parameters to display definition and query headword (requiring me to write the Chinese characters for the phrase based on the definition). Is the problem maybe due to a limit to the number of characters you can enter into one flashcard, and if so, is there any other way to test phrases? Thanks a lot, and sorry if this topic has been answered before.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
"Free-answer" tests are currently limited to 4 characters - basically just a user interface problem, we haven't yet come up with a good interface to allow you to write in more than 4 characters at once in those. (between the writing box / definition / etc the screen is kind of cramped) So for now, the best way to test yourself on writing phrases would be to do a "Self-scored" test with a sketchbox (check "show sketchbox" and "taller" in the "Tests" tab of Advanced Settings), write the characters by hand in that and then compare them against the correct answer yourself.