flashcards stroke order complex

daniu

榜眼
Hi!

Sorry if I ask for something that was denied already, but: can I get the flash-cards stroke order test in traditional characters only? Somehow I get simplified even I have turned everything I could find to complex.

Thanks in advance
Daniel

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Go into the Display panel of Advanced Settings, check the "Force Character Set" box and choose "Traditional" from the menu next to it - does that help?

If not, the problem may be that the cards themselves only contain simplified characters - where did you originally import them from? Do they link to dictionary entries or do they have their own custom definitions?

daniu

榜眼
Hi!

Sorry, but that does not work. I always get simplified. When I check through the info button I can see both simplified and complex. There the complex is put first and the simplified second. Examples with characters that did not work: 學/学 and 語语

BTW: what is the difference between "Traditional" and "Trad-only"?
BTW2: I am using the newest beta 2.0.1b3

regards
Daniel

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Hmm, I'm actually seeing that here too now - looks like a bug. Fortunately, as 2.0.1 isn't final yet there's still time to fix it in that, so this should be corrected in the finished 2.0.1 release.

"Trad-only" gets rid of the [--] brackets with the simplified character version of the headword; in regular "Traditional" they'll appear however they're configured to appear in the main dictionary, but since some people might prefer not to be distracted by them when reviewing flashcards we provide the option to get rid of them in those.