Flashcars - can the radical be in the answer (or backside)?

I started again doing some Mandarin. In HSK Flascards, is there a way to include the radical in the answer (or the imaginary backside of the card)?

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
At the moment, the only way to do that would be convert each of them to a custom card and then edit its definition to add the radical.

This one separated with a tab seems not to work:

Code:
// HSK 1 - singles + radicals
有    yǒu    have, own, possess; exist    月

And when I open the card with 'edit' I have very different data. Seems it's just reading the character and getting the other data from the Pleco dic.

Shun

状元
Hi flameproof,

adding to Mike's reply, recently, @catusf has created these user dictionaries for radicals:

Perhaps you could duplicate the flashcards you are currently studying and remap them to @catusf's user dictionary?

To duplicate your current HSK flashcards, you could export them to a text file without definitions, then re-import them to a new category with Duplicates set to Allow and @catusf's user dictionary first in the list of dictionaries. (with "Fill in missing fields" enabled)

Hope this helps,

Shun

Shun

状元
This one separated with a tab seems not to work:

Code:
// HSK 1 - singles + radicals
有    yǒu    have, own, possess; exist    月

You could add a few spaces in front of the 月, because the format needs to have at most three columns. (with two tabs as separators)

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Do you already have a card for 有? If so, then make sure that "duplicate entries" on the import screen is set to "update + merge," otherwise it'll keep the existing card text.