Flipping Cards Over?

kkyang

Typically I learn vocabulary by looking at the definition of card 1, saying what it is in chinese and writing it in chinese.
Then I go to card 2 do the same.
Then go back to card 1, then card 2 then card 3
Then go back to card 1, then card 2 then card 3, then card 4 until my deck is done.

So one side I have the english definition and the other side I have the character and the pinyin.

I just purchased the flash card module but couldn't figure out how to do it this way. Is there a solution?

I saw the spaced repetition mode and thought it would choose x number of cards and then go through them until I knew them all 100% then move on to the next x amount until the deck was done but I noticed that it spaces it by days?

Is there a way to do either of these methods?

Thanks!

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
kkyang said:
Typically I learn vocabulary by looking at the definition of card 1, saying what it is in chinese and writing it in chinese.
Then I go to card 2 do the same.
Then go back to card 1, then card 2 then card 3
Then go back to card 1, then card 2 then card 3, then card 4 until my deck is done.

So one side I have the english definition and the other side I have the character and the pinyin.

I just purchased the flash card module but couldn't figure out how to do it this way. Is there a solution?
kkyang said:
Yes, set "Show" to "Definition" on the main Flashcard Testing screen.

kkyang said:
I saw the spaced repetition mode and thought it would choose x number of cards and then go through them until I knew them all 100% then move on to the next x amount until the deck was done but I noticed that it spaces it by days?

To do that, you'd actually want a non-spaced-repetition test (a "Simple" or "Random" one), but with the "Repeat incorrect" option in the "Commands" screen enabled, along with the "Loop" and "Shuffle" options below it. That way, the system will repeat any cards you've recalled incorrectly at the end of a test until you've gotten each of them right at least once.