Font Problem on Windows Mobile 6

matth

Hi,

I bought a smartphone recently (specifically to run software like pleo),
the O2 xda nova. It has too little internal memory to install pleodict on the device, so I downloaded the manual installation and installed on the sd card. Everything works now except that the chinese font is not recognized (pinyin is shown). I had all fonts in the sd-card directory pleodict, but also tried several other locations for the ttc file, like windows\Schriftarten (= windows\fonts, its a german model), just windows or Programme\pleodict
on the xda's internal mem.

Where does Windows mobile/pleo look for font files? What's my mistake?

Any help appreciated,

Matthias

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
It should work if it's in Windows\Fonts; have you tried soft resetting your phone? If not, do so (stick a paperclip in the reset hole in the back of the device) and that should get the font working correctly. If you've already done that, try putting the font file in \\Program Files\PlecoDict (in internal memory) and reset again and see if that helps matters.

3x13

秀才
(I guess you are the Matthias who commented on my blog. :) )

I own the Xda Nova (HTC Touch) now, too. At first, I had no problems to install Pleco, except for handwriting recognition on fullscreen while the list on the right side is open. But that's ok, I close it anyway because it takes too much space.

But because I am still testing, I installed Pleco several times. The last time, I had the same probs like you. I solved this problem with installing the engine and databases on their own and afterwards installing the font. I installed the first things on my card and the font on my device. It worked fine now. I even were able to move the font file to my card after it. Just cut&paste it in your "programs/pleco"-folder on the card.

I will do some more testing, but I guess I will be able to buy my copy of Pleco soon. :)

Hi!

The HTC Touch functions interfere with the handwriting recognition. In detail I think it's the with-your-thumb-list-scroll-feature which is always activated when there are lists somewhere.

It was mainly for that, that I install a handwriting recognition, but there is a solution:

You can deactivate the Touch-List-Scrolling in the registry:
"HKey_LOCAL_MACHINE --> Software --> OEM --> TFLOSettings --> EnableScroll" auf "0" setzen

see also:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthr ... e+touchflo

for regedit see:
http://www.phm.lu/Products/PocketPC/RegEdit/

For WM6 (!)Choose this one from the list:
Pocketpc 2002 2003 arm/pxa

Tomcollins