GPRS in China. Cost per KB. Value Deals.

fredrik

秀才
GPRSin china.
Share your knowledge on good deal on GPRS usage in China. I have no clue what i am paying at China Mobile(shanghai), even though i have the program traffic Stat to monitor my in/out going GPRS traffic. Anybody knows about a monthly fee for unlimited use?

Thank you

In shanghai, using china mobile the rate structure liiks like this
basic as u go .0.03?/ KB
1MB for 20yuan/month exeeding KB charged 0.01 yuan/KB
100MB for 100yuan/month exeeding KB charged 0.01 yuan/KB
500MB for 200yuan/month exeeding KB charged 0.01yuan/ KB

Smoodo

举人
Tianjin GPRS

I had a paper with all the rates on it, but cannot find it at the moment. Basically, it was based on time and not data. The shop was selling USB and other cards the replacement for PCMCIA, whatever that was called. They had an unlimited rate for I think 2000 RMB per month. The page also indicated that lesser such plans would have the bulk of the time online available in Tianjin ie 40 hours, and 10 outside of Tianjin. I'll fetch that paper next time I'm in the computer shop.

There was some unlimited GPRS service that I saw advertised in a used cell phone market and it seemed to be about 50 RMB per month. I have no idea other than that.

Not sure - but if you are using China Mobile you need to set the access point to "cmnet". There is no username or password.

By the way, as for pricing, China Mobile (Liaoning) offer a variety of GPRS tariffs for example 100RMB/mth for 2GB limit which is more than enough considering the low speed.

radioman

状元
My China Mobile connection is some prepaid arrangement - I only pay 20RMB for 150MB - that's all I need right now.

By the way if you have a similar account and do not know how much $$$ is left before they shut you down, just send an SMS to 10086 and in the message put the number "119" and then send another one to 10086 "113". This gives you how much voice $$$ and the data quantity you have used, and how much is left.

At least that is how it works in Dalian (and I used it in Shanghai/Hangzhou/Shenzhen) and it seemed to work.