Help

Rustic

秀才
Gulp....

My Sony Clie TJ35 just died on me today, exactly one day outside the warranty period - talk about planned obsolescence! No complaints though, I used the PDA for my Chinese learning nearly every day during that time.

Anyway, I am going to have to buy a new PDA. Unfortunately, Sony no longer makes Palm OS PDAs, so I'm going to have to get another PDA - probably a Tungsten, Zire or a Zodiac.

Problem is, all my backups have been on Sony Memory Stick or through Palm Desktop (using Hotsync) on the Sony Clie.

Will there be any compatibility problems restoring my Oxford C-E flashcards? I have about 2000 individual flashcards created and it would be really, really boring to have to recreate them manually again.

I spoke to a guy at a PDA shop and he says there might be problems because the non-Sony PDAs will have different IDs. I have no idea what that means, but I thought I better check here first before I buy.

Thanks in advance.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
That wouldn't be an issue; as long as you set up your new PDA with the same HotSync username as your old one your serial number will still work, and the flashcards will still work regardless - just reinstall the "Oxford Flashcard Database" file and everything should carry over nicely.