How does Pleco work on jailbroken iPhones?

Solarin88

秀才
I'm thinking of jailbreaking my iPhone (4S if it matters) but I don't want to mess up Pleco, which is my most used app by far. Anyone have experience with using Pleco on a jailbroken iOS device?

Thanks in advance. :)

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Solarin88 said:
I'm thinking of jailbreaking my iPhone (4S if it matters) but I don't want to mess up Pleco, which is my most used app by far. Anyone have experience with using Pleco on a jailbroken iOS device?

Thanks in advance. :)

Main thing we've seen is that it completely screws up add-on purchases in most jailbreak implementations at least - also screws up restoring add-ons, which could introduce some wrinkles if you need to do that at some point (e.g. after updating to OS 6). So if you want to buy any new add-ons or even just continue using your old ones without interruption it's not necessarily a good idea.

Solarin88

秀才
Wow, thanks for the super fast response!

And that's a shame, good to know though. Jailbreaking sounds nice but Pleco is the main reason I got an iPhone in the first place, so I suppose I'll hold off. Thanks again!

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Solarin88 said:
And that's a shame, good to know though. Jailbreaking sounds nice but Pleco is the main reason I got an iPhone in the first place, so I suppose I'll hold off. Thanks again!

No problem! It seems to have more to do with additional packages that the jailbreakers install than with the act of jailbreaking itself, so you may be able to find a jailbreak system that won't screw up in-app purchasing - I'm sure there's some discussion of this on the various jailbreak-related forums.

Just adding my two-cents:

I've had no experience with new devices, but I've 'broken' several devices (a couple 3gs' + 1gen ipad) of my own and all of them are running pleco.

I've never experienced any problems restoring/buying dictionaries + audio + w/e.

Each time upgrading the 'break' means re-jailbreaking - it's been tested many-a-time.

随便你。