How to restore the default screen layout

I have somehow changed the layout of PlecoDict. Now there is no extra window opening up when clicking on handwriting input, but handwriting recognition is done on the main (dictionnary) screen.
I have played around for quite a while and still can't switch back to the "default" layout. What do I have to do?

Thank you!

ldolse

状元
Not sure which version of Pleco you're using, Palm or Windows Mobile. For windows mobile you need to get a registry editor and delete the Pleco key from HKLM/Software/Pleco (I think that's right)

For palm I believe you have to delete the prefs file, which is discussed in some other threads, I'm not really sure how to do it.

Hello,

I am not sure whether you are using Pleco on the Palm OS or on the Pocket PC (Windows Mobile) OS.

I personally use the Windows Mobile OS, and the way to switch back to the handwriting recognition window for Widows Mobile OS is to use the stylus to tap and hold on the 笔 bi3 icon at the top of your screen and then to select "Full", which will then allow you to use the handwriting recognition window again.

Note: If you cannot find the 笔 bi3 icon at the top of your screen you can add one by tapping "Dict", selecting "Preferences" and then selecting the "Toolbar" tab. You may have to use scroll arrows on the bottom right side of the screen to scroll through the tabs until you find the "Toolbar" tab. In the "Toolbar" tab you can select which icons appear at the top of your dictionary interface screen, the number of icons that appear (screen size pending) and in which order they appear. So, just make sure that you have "Handwriting Inp" selected as one of your icons.

My personal preferences for the icon toolbar are as following (though this ordering may not be suited to your own learning needs):

1: Switch Language
2: Cycle Dictionaries
3: Back
4: Simplified/Traditional
5: Copy to Input Field
6: Magnify
7: Handwriting Input
8: Radical Input
9: Open/Close List
10: Add to Flashcards
11: Manage Flashcards
12: New Flashcard
13: Copy
14: Paste

Note: My screen size when in portrait mode does not allow enough space for icons 11 -14 to show up at the top of my dictionary interface screen.

Hope this helps! Good luck!

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Tap-hold on the 笔 icon until a little menu pops up, then select "Fullscreen" from that menu and that will put things back to the way they were before.

(for anyone else reading this, ldolse's suggestion is what you do if you somehow manage to resize the handwriting recognizer or list so that it's no longer visible, i.e. it doesn't appear *anywhere* when you tap on the button)