How to set "points per day" for more frequent SRS reviews

larrybills

举人
I am trying to customize my SRS reviews to be more frequent than the default.

Can someone explain to me how adjusting the points per day up will effect the review cycle? Any recommendations?

Ideally, I'd like to review a new word in intervals 1 day, 2 days, 4 days, 8 days, 16 days, 32 days, etc. (assuming all correct answers)

Thanks!

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Increasing points per day would make reviews more frequent. You could also go into Tweak Settings under Scoring; if for example you lower the initial correct score to never be more than 200 points then your cards will duly end up at 2 days after the first correct answer and scale up from there rather than the higher default initial scale now (400-600, I believe).

larrybills

举人
Thanks @mikelove for your help. Per your recommendation, I set my scores to be:
Quality 4: 50
Quality 5: 100
Quality 6: 200.

Can you advise what values you'd use for the following?:
minimum score
maximum score
minimum easiness
maximum easiness
easiness divisor

Basically, I originally played with too many settings before I found these boards and would like to get these standard so that it works with your scoring recommendation from above. (Again, more frequent reviews is the goal.)

Thanks again for your advice!

*edited formatting

HW60

状元
5 years ago I made a simple Excel sheet I used to calculate scores. Maybe it still works now (until Pleco 4.0). You have to save the file and change the extension .txt to .xls. Enter values in the yellow fields of both tables and see the result in table Scores.

Attachments

• Pleco-Scores.txt
    18.8 KB · Views: 326

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Can you advise what values you'd use for the following?:
minimum score
maximum score
minimum easiness
maximum easiness
easiness divisor

Minimum score: probably the lowest possible value, which is 10
Maximum score: doesn't really matter, take the maximum number of days you'd like to go between reviews and multiply it by your points per day
Minimum easiness / maximum easiness: keep at defaults of 50 and 200.
Easiness divisor: keep at default of 40.