HSK 3.0 Flashcards

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Just OCR'ed these this morning from the official PDF, will embed them in the app once they've been cleaned up + we've added pinyin etc to disambiguate any entries that need that.

If you want to use these somewhere other than Pleco there's a Github repo here and both this and that version are MIT licensed.

Attachments

• hsk30-pleco.txt
    75.5 KB · Views: 6,760
  • hsk30-chars-pleco.txt
    16.7 KB · Views: 4,182

Weyland

探花
IIRC it also has entries in the format "A ... A ...". I'm guessing those entries will be added to the Pleco dictionary, right?

Weyland

探花
Will that also means that such multi-part grammar constructions/entries will be searchable? Like if I type " . . . " in the search field, would it give me 越...越... and others?

Another question; I have taken HSK6, and I'm pretty sure that I know all 5,000 words in the current HSK. Would it be possible in Pleco 3.x to import the new HSK3.0 flashcards without the addition of HSK2.0 vocab?

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
That's actually already supported; type 'yue...' and you should see results for it.

New vocabulary: do a search for cards in HSK 2.0, then on the result page, go to Edit / Batch, set Category to HSK 3.0, and tap "Remove cards from category" - that will leave HSK 3.0 with only the cards that aren't in 2.0.

Weyland

探花
That's actually already supported; type 'yue...' and you should see results for it.

I'm talking about being able to search the " . . . " part between the two characters. That'd be really helpful, and would make discovering grammar points that aren't included in the HSK prep-materials so much easier.

New vocabulary: do a search for cards in HSK 2.0, then on the result page, go to Edit / Batch, set Category to HSK 3.0, and tap "Remove cards from category" - that will leave HSK 3.0 with only the cards that aren't in 2.0.
I'm aware of this functionality. Just wondering if it'd be a good idea to make it a quality of life prompt.

E.g. Untick the boxes of the HSK2.0 levels you want to exclude in your import
[x] HSK1
[x] HSK2

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
I'm talking about being able to search the " . . . " part between the two characters. That'd be really helpful, and would make discovering grammar points that aren't included in the HSK prep-materials so much easier.

That one I'm not sure about, wouldn't be that hard but I have to check whether it might create problems down the line.

I'm aware of this functionality. Just wondering if it'd be a good idea to make it a quality of life prompt.

Possibly, but not something we've built yet so probably a 4.1 feature.

JD

状元
@mikelove Is there a link where this word list has been officially announced? I know there’s been a lot of speculation about the new word lists.

Can you point to a reference for the lists? (i.e. the “official PDF”)

JD

状元
The PDF is linked from the first post - on a MoE website.
Oh wow....using the Pleco Forum‘s Dark mode, the links don’t look like links at all....see attached pic.

Attachments

• B8DBC6AE-BB39-4A33-9CF1-23D31437E37F.png
    B8DBC6AE-BB39-4A33-9CF1-23D31437E37F.png
    1 MB · Views: 789

JD

状元
Can we set up the Tags to display on dictionary entries for both current HSK cards and the new HSK 3.0.

What I mean, is that if I go into an HSK word in one of my Pleco dictionaries, it shows a little tag that says HSK1, HSK2, HSK3 etc in the upper corner of the dictionary entry. It would be nice to be able to have both the old HSK and the new HSK 3.0 tags show up, but I don’t know if having both sets are compatible, and I don’t even remember the operations I needed to do to make the tag show up.

Can they co-exist? If so, can you remind me/point to a link in the help on how to import the files from the first post, and then how to get the tags set?

biezou

@mikelove

Hi! I made two Anki decks for characters and vocabulary.
I wanted to share the decks online, but I'm using the vocabulary from Pleco and I don't really know a lot about copyright.

I wanted to ask you if the sharing would be okay if Pleco is referenced in the deck description? Sorry if this is a dumb question.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Yes, the lists are open-source so all you have to do is include/reference a copy of the license file somewhere.

biezou

Thank you for the reply!

But I exported the dictionary definitions for those words, so sharing those definitions is also okay?

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Ah, no, unfortunately that would only be ok with CC-CEDICT definitions, not definitions from PLC.

If you want to create an Anki deck with CC-CEDICT definitions it would probably be easier to just use a plugin designed to add those, like Chinese Support.