HSK Level 1 Flash Cards from Pleco website

Hi,

I've just started my first steps on a Chinese language journey, and I am aiming for my Level 1 HSK.

I obtained the flash cards from the Pleco website, but I don't think it is the 'official' list for Level 1 - there appears to be a lot more, even if I select Level 1. I've attached the file I downloaded.

I'm also finding it hard to find a definitive list for Level 1, so could someone also let me know for 2016, what characters will be in the Level 1 exam?

I love the screen reader, I can use it to get male/female pronunciation from my Android Chinese books (like Tuttle's Learn Chinese Characters).

Thank you in advance :)

Steve

Attachments

• hsk-new-111221.txt
    120.8 KB · Views: 1,786

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
That's actually for all 6 levels - you can choose just level 1 after you import it via the "Categories" selector in New Test.

Hey Mike,

firstly - a HUGE thank you for what Pleco provides - I did a little Wiki'ing, and I wanted to say a big thank you (you ARE the man!) for what you and the team have developed. There's a LOT of apps out there (I know, I've tried to try all of them - I think I nearly spend as much time trying them as learning Chinese ;) in pursuit of learning Chinese!)

And an apology - I did not pick the 'Category' when running a new test, so I was attempting all 6 HSK levels! So my bad, your product and flash cards are fine.

I was just learning my Chinese 1-10 on the train - the screen OCR (on my Android) is extremely powerful - I could bring up a web page, listen to the pronunciation, and as an added benefit, the Wiki page had the banknotes 1-10 (who knew!) which are of course different.

And it's a real pleasure to get a response from the founder, that shows the depth of care you have for the product.

All the best for the future, Pleco is helping me achieve my next quarter-century plan of personal and career development (I live in Australia, and China is a huge influence in our economy, culture and politics), I'd like to work with or in China someday. (sidenote: the new airline terminal built near my house has bilingual English/Chinese - given the huge number of immigrants in Australia, this is a telling sign of where Australia's future lies - not some distant monarchy-based Euro-zone (ouch! Sorry your majesty)).

Anyway, I should get back to my day job (IT), all the best to you and the team, keep innovating!

Steve Hunter.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Heh, thank you very much! Glad to hear it's working now.

Screen reader / OCR were easily our coolest upgrade of 2015, very proud of those.

Cultural evolution of Australia in the next few decades will be very interesting to watch :)