HW input without stylus

Don_Horhe

Hi everybody, I'm new to the forum, though I've been using Pleco for about a year. I currently run Pleco on a HTC Touch HD, a WM phone with a stylus and, for a number of different reasons, am thinking of getting an Android phone. I would like to ask the people who run Pleco on an Android phone how they find the handwriting input without a stylus. Sure enough characters like 一二三人天王 would be no issue at all, but when it comes to inputting stuff like 翻 and 霸, is using a finger precise enough? The reason I'm asking is that I've become very reliant on using a stylus for HW input, and the presence of a stylus is the main reason I'm looking into buying a Samsung Galaxy Note instead of Galaxy S2/S3 when it comes out, or another Android phone.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Alexis

状元
I used Windows Mobile (and Palm before that) for Pleco before moving to Android. I did not notice any drop in usability when I switched to android. Handwritten characters does not look as pretty, but recognition is still just as good. I also like the fact that (if your phone is compact enough), you can navigate with your thumb while holding the phone with one hand.

scykei

榜眼
I've been using Pleco for months on my iPod Touch before I got my iPad and I never used a stylus. Most of the time, I just scribble my finger on the screen and the handwriting recognition still manages to make out even the more complex words very accurately. Most of the time, I never even need to lift my finger off the screen when drawing the characters.

So, yeah, it's pretty reliable for me even without a stylus.

Wan

榜眼
Exacly the same question, but adding another “obstacle”: Android version, no stylus, 3" screen. Is it possible or not? Is the Android version of Pleco configurable to use a large part of the screen as input field, as in the WM version?
Thanks