Import/Export cards with ranks

renovator

榜眼
I understand when I upgrade 1.0.3 to 2.0 that it should be possible to move cards and retain ranks or something similar to ranks. In 1.0.3, is there a way to save cards, including their ranks? Whenever I export cards to my PC for a backup and then re-import them, they have lost all of their ranks. Is there an answer to this or is it not possible to save cards with their ranks in 1.0.3? My cards go through 15 ranks and it is a real pain to have to start thousands of cards from scratch when need to use backup. - Thanks

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
There's no way to do this in 1.0.3 except by backing up the actual flashcard database file ("PlecoDict Flashcards") - the 2.0 converter program extracts and exports that information but there's no way to bring it back into 1.0.3.

renovator

榜眼
Sorry my post was a little confusing. I have not yet gone to 2.0. I am still in 1.0.3 but when I backup my cards by using the export function and then move the cards to a safe place on my PC, when I import them back into the phone from my safe place, they have lost all their rank information. Is there a way to backup the cards so that they keep their rank information in 1.0.3?

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Sorry for the confusion - I assumed from your earlier e-mail that you were asking this question because you'd seen it was going to be possible in 2.0.

Anyway, as I said there's no way to back up the rank info in an export from 1.0.3 unless you back up the actual flashcard database file instead of just exporting the flashcards to a text file. To do that, just make a copy of the PlecoDict Flashcards / PlecoDict User DB files from your Pocket PC's My Documents folder. Make sure to exit PlecoDict completely first (using the Quit command in the Dict menu) so the files won't be busy / in use.

renovator

榜眼
Thank you very much, if I ever crash my phone again, will now have the proper backup. Tried it and it works great. I did not see this in the manual. If not there, perhaps a good tip to add.