input multiple characters into 'create a custom card'

markoshun

秀才
Hey, firstly- amazing program. The further I get in my studies the more I appreciate the amount of care and ingenuity that went/goes into the design and implementation, the levels of dictionary/flashcard learning, wow.
I've been able to do everything I've even had an idea about so far, at least eventually after some research of the manuals and forum.
However, I'm stuck again.
What I'm trying to figure out is if there is some way of inputing pinyin derived -or dictionary results- multiple characters into the 'create a custom card' screen. Don't know for sure what it's called even after scouring the manual, but it's the screen that comes up when you hit the 'pencil' icon.
My problem is that I want to input short phrases, sayings, sentences, etc. periodically, but of course I'm unfamiliar with the characters yet, since I'd often be just then seeing/hearing some of them for the first time.
I can do a convoluted method of looking up a character, copy; paste; save card; then go get another character, re-open the same card and paste, repeat.
Easiest way is I can sometimes ask a friend to write it in, but that isn't often an option.
I can also write them up on computer, but it's quite a few steps for a one at a time thing, and I'm often out when wanting to do this operation.
And finally I have even tried looking each character up, copy to paper, and then copy again into Pleco.
So, is there an easier way? I hope I'm missing something.
Thanks much,
Mark

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
How about just using the iPhone's built in Pinyin keyboard? Go into the "Settings" app / "Keyboard" / "International Keyboards" / "Add New Keyboard" and add "Chinese - Simplified Pinyin" (or "Traditional").