Instruction Manual Posted

Perhaps you'd like to post this notice also in the top "beta announcement" thread, which probably has a lot more people subscribed to it. Will check it out. Hope there's a downloadable one too!

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
stephanhodges said:
Perhaps you'd like to post this notice also in the top "beta announcement" thread, which probably has a lot more people subscribed to it. Will check it out. Hope there's a downloadable one too!

Good point - I'll make sure it's mentioned prominently in the Beta 8 announcement. Downloadable version should come once we finish revising it.

stephanhodges said:
I will send a complete set of comments via mail, but just a note that http://www.pleco.com/getanreader results in "File not found". I'll try and post "bugs" in the bug thread. They will also be noted in the commentary (notepad) file.

Thanks for that - really appreciate it, not exactly the most entertaining thing to spend your time reading through :) A couple of those links are inactive at the moment but we'll make sure they're all up and running in the finished release.

Although I've been seeing comments on the reader link, etc. (here on the beta forum), I don't have one on my tablet that I've found, and I've been wondering about it. Did I miss a download notice somewhere, or is it really not available at all yet?

Thanks

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
stephanhodges said:
Although I've been seeing comments on the reader link, etc. (here on the beta forum), I don't have one on my tablet that I've found, and I've been wondering about it. Did I miss a download notice somewhere, or is it really not available at all yet?

It's linked from each of the recent Beta release announcements - "The new OCR / Flashcard / Reader Launcher apps can be downloaded here."

Could you equip the manual with more pictures, in order to get a better understanding of, for example, Main Screen Interface or Definition Screen Interface and so on? I think that would be really helpful.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
burdenofhope said:
Could you equip the manual with more pictures, in order to get a better understanding of, for example, Main Screen Interface or Definition Screen Interface and so on? I think that would be really helpful.

Maybe, but I'm not quite sure what it's not already depicting - could you give me a few examples of screens that you're currently not clear on?

tsr

秀才
First, let me say that the instruction manual is very helpful and informative. It generally answers any questions I have.

But, I think it's CSS could be updated. Earlier today I went to copy some text from the manual and I had to try about eight times to select it. The text I wanted to copy started at the margin, which is set to 0 in ipmanual.css, so it was difficult to select it without resizing the window. Also, left and right margins generally make text easier to read since your eyes do not have to scan such a far distance. Would you consider creating a small margin on the left and right sides of the manual?

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
tsr said:
But, I think it's CSS could be updated. Earlier today I went to copy some text from the manual and I had to try about eight times to select it. The text I wanted to copy started at the margin, which is set to 0 in ipmanual.css, so it was difficult to select it without resizing the window. Also, left and right margins generally make text easier to read since your eyes do not have to scan such a far distance. Would you consider creating a small margin on the left and right sides of the manual?

Good point - done. We really need to update the manual in general to be split into smaller articles / use a better system that allows for automatic PDF output / etc, we just haven't gotten around to that yet.