iPhone -> iPad Add-ons

enimeni

Hello,

I''m using Pleco with several add-ons on an iPhone. Recently I also bought an iPad and installed Pleco on it. But it seems only some of the add-ons I bought I can use on the iPad. For example Full-screen HWR or the ABC Chinese-English dictionary (I can use the ABC English-Chinese though). Is this a bug with my installation or Is this a licensing problem, so I have to buy them again if I want to use them?

Best regards,
enimeni

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
enimeni said:
I''m using Pleco with several add-ons on an iPhone. Recently I also bought an iPad and installed Pleco on it. But it seems only some of the add-ons I bought I can use on the iPad. For example Full-screen HWR or the ABC Chinese-English dictionary (I can use the ABC English-Chinese though). Is this a bug with my installation or Is this a licensing problem, so I have to buy them again if I want to use them?

Did you buy those missing add-ons originally on Palm or Windows Mobile before you transferred them to iPad? If so then yes, you would need to buy them again - items transferred from those platforms can only be used on one device at a time.

Andy19

Hi, similar situation here.

I bought the OCR add-on on my iPad, but am experiencing trouble accessing it on my iPhone (the full version, that is). When I press the 'restore' button, it would state that I'm not authorised to transfer the add on. When I had attempted to make a second purchase, it would, nonetheless, state that I'm not authorised to make the purchase.

If there is a licensing problem, would I be able to completely transfer the licence on my iPad to my iPhone? A support request has been sent.

Thanks and regards,
Andy

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Andy19 said:
I bought the OCR add-on on my iPad, but am experiencing trouble accessing it on my iPhone (the full version, that is). When I press the 'restore' button, it would state that I'm not authorised to transfer the add on. When I had attempted to make a second purchase, it would, nonetheless, state that I'm not authorised to make the purchase.

That's actually an issue with the account you used to download the free version of Pleco onto your iPad. To fix this, go into the iPad "Settings" app, tap "Store," "Sign Out," then sign back in with the same account that you originally used to buy Pleco; after that, delete Pleco, power your iPad completely off and on again (hold down the power button), re-download Pleco and try restoring purchases again.

Andy19

Hi, and thanks for the prompt reply.

I've tried the method you've suggested. It works on my iPad, in the sense that I was able to restore my purchases on it (the OCR add-on was initially purchased on this device). However, I'm still unable to 'restore' the purchase on my iPhone, despite following the steps you've mentioned.

Andy

Andy19

Just an update: I've managed to download the add-on on both devices after discovering the 'enable in-app purchases' switch on my iPhone had not been checked.

Nonetheless, thanks for your assistance and prompt reply!

Andy