iPhone purchases not all transferring to iPad

koreth

榜眼
Not sure if this is intended behavior, but from other messages on the forum it sounds like I should be able to reuse the licenses from my iPhone copy of Pleco on my new iPad.

I hit the "Restore iTunes Purchases" button and it restored the OCR and stroke order features, but none of the dictionaries nor features like the document reader or flashcards module or audio recordings.

I had originally purchased some of the dictionaries on Palm and transferred them to the iPhone using the license key, so I'd sort of expect those to not be there since there's a separate procedure for restoring them. But I also bought additional dictionaries on the iPhone.

One thing I notice is that the registration ID in the settings isn't the same on the two devices. Is it as simple as just clearing my registration data on the iPad and entering the ID from the iPhone? I haven't tried it just because the UI pretty much says not to, and the confirmation dialog mentions a "registration transfer request" which may not be what I want.

Advice appreciated!

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
The items you bought on Palm/WM are actually limited to just one device at a time - unfortunately that's a stipulation of the licenses we signed back in the Palm/WM days (the terms of which still govern those purchases), nobody back then was thinking we'd eventually be carrying tablets running mobile OSes so an iPhone+iPad setup wasn't a situation we anticipated / added language for. So there's not much we can do about those unless you stop using them on your iPhone.

As far as your other iTunes dictionary purchases, though, is there any chance you might have made those through a different iTunes account than the one you used for OCR and Stroke Order? If you PM/email me with your iPhone Registration ID and the names of the specific dictionaries you bought on iOS I can try to investigate that further for you.

Registration IDs are device-specific, so it's normal that those would differ.