Issues with EPUB duplicated chapters

Ironvil

Have issue where epub I opened has every chapter has is displayed twice. And when I click on a chapter heading in the contents it crashes. This makes reading inconvenient to say the least.

- each chapter shows up once in contents, with a second blank chapter underneath each chapter
- contents of each chapter shows up twice when reading
- clicking on header in contents crashes app

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
How did you make this EPUB? We've seen some very buggy conversions from Calibre where as far as we can tell the content actually does appear twice and we're not really clear how one would parse the file according to the EPUB spec and not have it come up twice. If you email (mikelove @ pleco) or DM me a sample file we can take a look and see what's going on with the file.

tagnova

Hi there,
this thread popped up when I did a search for 'Duplicated content shown in Pleco Epub Reader'. I am experiencing exactly the same issue.
Yes, I did use Calibre to generate these Ebooks, I split them out from a collection of books. But when I open them up in a generic Android Ebook reader, they render fine.
I also looked at them in the Calibre Ebook editor, and I converted them to ZIP format and opened them with 7-Zip and I just cannot see where the duplicated content is coming from, everything looks fine to me.
I really, really love your ebook reader (Android) and I use it exclusively to read books with - some in text format and some in Epub.
I have converted other books by splitting them out from a large collection, and they are fine, so I cannot really pinpoint what the difference could be. I am attaching an example of a problematic book, I would appreciate it if you could investigate this?
I have just split out a few chapters into the Epub and put the epub into a Zip (this forum does not want to allow uploading an epub format).
Thank you!

Attachments

• Test 1 - Luo Er De _Da Er.zip
    214.9 KB · Views: 167

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
We actually fixed the bug that originally motivated this thread in 3.2.83, or at least we thought we did - are you using that version (or 3.2.84) or an earlier one?

At any rate, checking this file I'm not seeing the same formatting issues that were causing this error before, so it seems like it might be an unrelated issue. Does it help if you adjust the font size?

tagnova

Hi there,
Thank you for your reply. Upgrading to the latest version fixed the issue!
Thanks again, and thanks for your fantastic product. It is definitely my go-to tool for helping me learn Chinese