Journey to the west mp3 missing chapters

Pepe

秀才
I just downloaded the mp3 files for the Journey to the West graded reader but failed to find the first file. Is there supposed to be one file for each chapter of the reader? Furthermore, the order of mp3 files seems to not match the chapters. How about adding some numbering at the beginning of the file names?

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
You can download newer / better audio for that title from Sinolingua's website:

(account required but registration is free and you don't even have to verify your email)

We're working on getting that new data up on our MP3 server, but the file is so large that it's forcing us to rewrite some of the associated code, so that's why we haven't yet.

Pepe

秀才
Is your reupload gonna happen anytime soon? I am fine with the audio quality of the old version, it's just incomplete from what I can tell.

Also, thumbs up for the security policies at sinolinuga.com requiring that the password for the account I am registering with a made-up email address over an unsecure connection must be at least 6 characters long.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Probably within the next few weeks, possibly sooner depending on the timing of some minor app updates.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Very sorry, I double-checked and it looks like we did already upload that audio (just repackaged from WAV into MP3, which is why it's smaller) - had forgotten to remove that from our to-do list which is why I thought it was still pending.

As far as the missing chapters, unfortunately this is all we've been able to get from Sinolingua so far. We actually don't even mention that there are audio files available for this title at all in our add-on catalog (as we do with other titles for which we have complete / better audio) - we don't want anybody to buy this expecting that it comes with MP3 audio.

However, if you've purchased it recently and are dissatisfied with your purchase without complete audio, contact support and we'll be happy to set up a refund.