kudos from a non-ipod fan

sfrrr

状元
Mike--I've checked out the free version of Pleco for iphone/ipod touch, and it's gorgeous and much more intuitive to use. (Gorgeous didn't surprise me--Apple products are always pretty, even if they don't function the way I like a PDA to function), but I didn't expect the UI to be such an improvement.

Now that I've got my used ipod touch, I'm going to switch my Pleco studies to this pretty little thing. Just wanted to admit that, although I couldn't use an iphone or ipod touch as my phone and primary PDA, I'm convinced that it is a better choice than winmo for Pleco--yes, I've stopped fighting it. I'm using an iPod--until the Android version comes out.

And I must say that I'm extremely happy with my Dell Streak--a little hacking here, a little hacking there and pretty soon, you get a useful tool.

gato

状元
Microsoft had the same reaction and finally decided to throw in the towel on making Windows 95 work on cell phones. :D

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
sfrrr said:
Mike--I've checked out the free version of Pleco for iphone/ipod touch, and it's gorgeous and much more intuitive to use. (Gorgeous didn't surprise me--Apple products are always pretty, even if they don't function the way I like a PDA to function), but I didn't expect the UI to be such an improvement.

Thanks! I was surprised myself at how well some parts came out - the two-finger tap to clear the handwriting box is probably my favorite of all of the UI ideas we've come up with over the last few years.

sfrrr said:
Now that I've got my used ipod touch, I'm going to switch my Pleco studies to this pretty little thing. Just wanted to admit that, although I couldn't use an iphone or ipod touch as my phone and primary PDA, I'm convinced that it is a better choice than winmo for Pleco--yes, I've stopped fighting it. I'm using an iPod--until the Android version comes out.

Great! Though you never know, maybe you'll become attached enough to the two-device approach (or to the prettiness of the iPod UI) that you'll be reluctant to switch even after the Android version is out... though then again given your fondness for beta software I imagine you'd welcome something that feels a bit hacked-together (as our first few Android releases are likely to).

sfrrr

状元
mikelove said:
given your fondness for beta software I imagine you'd welcome something that feels a bit hacked-together (as our first few Android releases are likely to).

Pleco hacked together? Nevvver. But I am looking forward to the testing as well as the app itself.