Limit old cards

Dodoxo

举人
Hi everyone! I would like to limit or decrease the number of old cards that I have to review everyday. I'm studying the HSK 5 deck and everyday I have to study an amount of 200-300 cards plus the new cards. I think is useless and boring to spend so much time to review old cards. An option like the Anki's one to limit cards to review would be incredibly useful.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
We don't currently offer that because it kind of defeats the purpose of SRS - have to keep up with your reviews or they're pointless - and we don't yet have a good way to automatically mitigate that e.g. by giving up on some cards altogether.

We're working on some options on that front for our 4.0 update - it'll basically say 'you have a lot of overdue cards, here are some things you can do with your deck to address that' (with convenient 1-tap commands to do those things) - but in the meantime the best bet would probably be to just stretch out all cards' review intervals by changing the 'points per day' setting in Card Selection to a lower value. Alternatively, you can go to Organize Cards, search for all cards reviewed at least once, then go to Edit, Batch, and run the command to randomly increase their scores (say by up to 30 days -> 3000 points).

Dodoxo

举人
We don't currently offer that because it kind of defeats the purpose of SRS - have to keep up with your reviews or they're pointless - and we don't yet have a good way to automatically mitigate that e.g. by giving up on some cards altogether.

We're working on some options on that front for our 4.0 update - it'll basically say 'you have a lot of overdue cards, here are some things you can do with your deck to address that' (with convenient 1-tap commands to do those things) - but in the meantime the best bet would probably be to just stretch out all cards' review intervals by changing the 'points per day' setting in Card Selection to a lower value. Alternatively, you can go to Organize Cards, search for all cards reviewed at least once, then go to Edit, Batch, and run the command to randomly increase their scores (say by up to 30 days -> 3000 points).
Thank you very much for the help and the suggestion. I have tried to increase the scores of all the cards but later have shown more cards, I don't know why.

Or, if those cards have a category tag, just remove that tag from your test selection.
What do you mean? I don't know how the category tag is related with the numbers of cards per session ^^

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
That's odd, increasing scores definitely shouldn't mean more cards... what about if you lower the points per day?

pdwalker

状元
What do you mean? I don't know how the category tag is related with the numbers of cards per session

Directly? None. But when I have a group of cards that I no longer wish to review, that I've tagged, then I just exclude those categories from my tests and then I won't see them in the SRS reviews because the system will only review cards you select.

daal

探花
You can create a category like "easy peasy" and also set up a category filter to exclude cards from that category. Whenever you encounter one of those cards that you don't want to review anymore you can add them to that category, and it won't show up in your test anymore. This won't necessarily reduce the number of cards you see per session, but at least you won't be reviewing cards that you don't think are worth reviewing.

pdwalker

状元
You can create a category like "easy peasy" and also set up a category filter to exclude cards from that category. Whenever you encounter one of those cards that you don't want to review anymore you can add them to that category, and it won't show up in your test anymore. This won't necessarily reduce the number of cards you see per session, but at least you won't be reviewing cards that you don't think are worth reviewing.

and that works very well, as well.