Linking Google Doc/Sheet to Pleco app and importing file format

Jikes

Hi,

I take lessons on Google Documents. How to link Google Document content with Pleco so that the word we touch on the Gdoc or highlighted in a specific color is added directly to the Pleco app on mobile?
Can Pleco make a random set of flashcards test from a document, ebook or a pasted text according to the level of HSK of the word? While doing this test, can we pick to save a word in a flashcard in a new future set or to discard the word from the future set?

I also want to import a list of vocabulary, but I don't know if .txt, .cvs, .xls are accepted and how to write them properly in columns. My list has Chinese Simplified, Trad Chinese chars, pinyin and translation.
I would just like to keep the Chinese simplified words of my list and work on flashcards with the translations and pinyin and sound provided by Pleco.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
That's not something we support at the moment - to be honest I don't think we could get something like that working well unless it was part of a web version of Pleco.

Jikes

I see, thanks for your quick answer!

What about the list of vocabulary I want to import? I read the import guide, I didn't manage to understand the format it wanted. Did I miss another tutorial for import?
Does it accept Word format if I make a table?

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
You'd want to export to plaintext format, not Word. You can format it in Word, just save it out as plaintext (UTF-8 Unicode encoding) after that. The format would be:

characters<tab>pinyin<tab>definition

One card per line.