Military Mandarin Lexicon - moving them into a Category

Hi I'm trying to move all the MM into a Category so I can work on it separately.
I just bought the Military Mandarin Lexicon add-on.
just figured out to use Dicitonary > Set to C > Browse Entries > Press the Dictionary Type to get MM (stands for Military Mandarin)
Now i want to just select them all to set them into Category but I dont know how, or it may not work like that. Any Recommendations how to put them in a category?

Shun

状元
Hi justinaquino,

the thing is, there's a reason why you can't do this. If you could copy to flashcards and export, you could print the dictionary or send it to thousands of people, which is why they have to disallow it for most dictionaries. Pleco probably couldn't license the dictionaries otherwise. Perhaps Pleco needs to communicate that point more openly on its website, but personally I don't think it's much of a limitation—since Pleco has a great search function and additional functionality that adds value to your dictionary. (still much better than a printed book)

You probably already know that you could go into Settings > Manage Dictionaries > Military Mandarin Lexicon > Browse Dictionary Entries to see the whole dictionary at a glance. In Settings > Manage Dictionaries > Military Mandarin Lexicon, you could disable Skip over on button tap and enable Sticky selection, so you would be able to search just within the dictionary from Dictionary. If you tap-hold on the dictionary switcher, then choose the Military Mandarin dictionary, Pleco will stay there and search only inside it.

THANKS Shaun! this is great. I didn't know the method and the reason why.
this allows me to find the words I want to prioritize - common nouns and terms and not the proper nouns and terms.

Hi justinaquino,

the thing is, there's a reason why you can't do this. If you could copy to flashcards and export, you could print the dictionary or send it to thousands of people, which is why they have to disallow it for most dictionaries. Pleco probably couldn't license the dictionaries otherwise. Perhaps Pleco needs to communicate that point more openly on its website, but personally I don't think it's much of a limitation—since Pleco has a great search function and additional functionality that adds value to your dictionary. (still much better than a printed book)

You probably already know that you could go into Settings > Manage Dictionaries > Military Mandarin Lexicon > Browse Dictionary Entries to see the whole dictionary at a glance. In Settings > Manage Dictionaries > Military Mandarin Lexicon, you could disable Skip over on button tap and enable Sticky selection, so you would be able to search just within the dictionary from Dictionary. If you tap-hold on the dictionary switcher, then choose the Military Mandarin dictionary, Pleco will stay there and search only inside it.