New Site Design

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Just to give everyone a preview:

http://www.pleco.com/newpage/index.html

XHTML-valid, Javascript-rollover-free and without all of those eye-jarring thick black lines from the old one.

Really happy with how it turned out, in fact I wish we'd come up with this style earlier so we could have applied it to some of the icons in 2.0. (still time to save the program icon at least, maybe)

So far I like it. It is very clean. Obviously this will change to some extent once the content is added. I have always appreciated sites free of clutter.

risandres

秀才
I kind of like the new design. In fact, I pretty like the old one. This one is very similar, just nicer graphics (I am talking about appeareance, I don't know under the hook), so, I am very happy with the change. And I think it very matchs the new forum, that I think is the best phpBB forum design I've used.

Now, I cannot wait to see the new webpage with the new pleco2.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Thanks! After the reaction some of our past design choices it's nice to know we're on the right track with this one at least. Certainly we'll be trying to make the actual pages less cluttered too, add some of that Web 2.0 big fonts / lots-of-whitespace aesthetic which is sorely lacking in the current site.

How about embedding some sort of "secret" message in the header, since you are filling it with characters anyways? Perhaps a small puzzle quest or treasure hunt on the site :)

Of course, if you're going to do it, you should say it's a bad idea, and that you're not going to do it <wink, wink>

:D

ipsi

状元
Very pretty. :D Having said that, I didn't mind the old one particularly much, but this is much better.