New Update Stuck while Downloading

There seems to a serious bug and it also appears to be that the Pleco update could be causing a "fake" wait:

I got a notice from the App Store (Apple) that there was a minor Pleco update along with three other apps. I authorized the update and then the four apps got stuck, Pleco wouldn't open anymore as well as the other apps, all waiting to download. I left a long time (5 minutes, but nothing moved).
After some searching I manage to find how to fix the problem at http://www.ifans.com/forums/threads/apps-stuck-waiting-solved.316037/

Once I had deleted the offending file as explained on the above, I then upgraded apps one by one, leaving Pleco at the end. The other apps upgraded and downloaded very fast. The last one, Pleco, was stuck for a long time on "waiting" at least a couple of minutes; then finally downloaded.

The trick would appear to be to download the Pleco upgrade on its own.

:? In the meantime I had deleted Pleco and re-installed it through iTunes on the main computer (losing all settings and flashcards).

This could have happened because the Pleco app is a substantial download and takes much longer to be sent down by the App Store (?).

Just a friendly warning to avoid Pleco withdrawal symptoms :mrgreen:

I upgraded to the new Pleco last night (with a couple other updates, although I don't remember the order...) without problems.

I *have* had problems in the past where updates get stuck "waiting". Sometimes they start downloading after a couple minutes, sometimes they just don't download at all (after waiting several hours).

I searched the web a lot looking for tricks on how to get it unstuck.
Deleting the waiting apps and re-downloading them sucks... you could lose data, or have to re-download a bunch of content.
If you download the apps in iTunes first, then sync your iDevice to iTunes, you can update them that way (although it doesn't stop the possibility of things getting stuck in the future). At least you won't be deleting data.
Another option that works is to go to Settings->Store and sign out of your iTunes account. Restart the iDevice, then sign back into iTunes account again.

Do you happen to have multiple iDevices attached to the same iTunes account?
And in the Settings->Store tab, is it set to automatically download new purchases (for Apps) from other devices?
Try turning that off and see if it makes updates go smoother in the future.

My problem was that I have 3 devices, an iPhone 3GS, an iPhone 4S, and a new iPad.
I frequently had problems getting stuck "waiting" on the iPhone 4S and the new iPad since iOS 5.0 released, but never on the iPhone 3GS.
I tracked it down to this setting, and after I turned all of them off updates just started working. Better than before even. On the iPhone 4S and new iPad, downloads (when they weren't stuck) would always stall for about 5 seconds before starting. After turning that setting off, downloads start immediately after pressing the update option in the app store.

johnh113

榜眼
hleperlier said:
I got a notice from the App Store (Apple) that there was a minor Pleco update along with three other apps. I authorized the update and then the four apps got stuck, Pleco wouldn't open anymore as well as the other apps, all waiting to download. I left a long time (5 minutes, but nothing moved).
flashcards).

Dear Reader,

I had exactly the same problem, but it seems that a lot of people are having problems with the App Store. I just left it alone for a few hours and the downloads completed. I suspect it is a problem with the App Store and not with Pleco.

John