OCR character recognition problem when zooming on iPad

Having a problem when zooming whilst in OCR when the character is incorrect and i want to correct it. When I touch and hold the incorrect character it zooms to centre and when in portrait mode it starts acting funny when I try tracing round the character. However when I go to landscape mode it's fine. Anyone else have this problem?

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
pprendeville said:
Having a problem when zooming whilst in OCR when the character is incorrect and i want to correct it. When I touch and hold the incorrect character it zooms to centre and when in portrait mode it starts acting funny when I try tracing round the character. However when I go to landscape mode it's fine. Anyone else have this problem?

Are you on iOS 5? The problem seems to go away if you upgrade to OS 6.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
pprendeville said:
Not gone on iOS 6 on my phone so will just rotate the iPad. Not a big deal. Thanks Mike.

Wait, so the problem is happening on your iPhone too?

Sorry Mike, I meant that I have upgraded to iOS 6 on my phone, not gone on it as it slows it down significantly, so I don't want to mess up my lovely shiny new iPad so I'll stick with iOS 5 for now

lechuan

秀才
I was seeing this before, but works fine now on iOS6. I have a 3rd gen iPad, and didn't notice any slowdown with iOS6...