the places where I'm going are incredibly boring at night
Where is that?......

....not asking a secret to be written here, just to be aware.... :mrgreen:

:wink:

more and more close to October 1st! 8)

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
SE Asia, a non-beachy and somewhat rural part of it. But now we're really getting off-topic... the main point is that I'm still going to be around and working on Beta 2/3/etc in October and November.

Sarevok

进士
48 hours left to that magic date... in my country that is.

Hope this doesn't count as posthunt, I am just so excited about it... 迫不及待 as they say :mrgreen:

btw, the release date is nicely corresponding with the start of a new semester at my school (in fact it has already started last week, but I'll have my first Chinese lesson on Tuesday)

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Well unfortunately it'll effectively be October 2nd in a lot of places; we won't be releasing it until Monday afternoon here in New York, so those of you not living a few hours east of the International Date Line will be stuck waiting until Tuesday to install it.

On a more positive note, the 2.0 order processing system is almost ready now, so in a few hours the 2.0 My Orders page should go live; I'll post the link here once it does. You won't be able to download your 2.0 keyfile without a Machine ID from the demo version, but you will be able to verify that you can log in and that you've been credited with the products / upgrades / etc you're entitled to, so that any issues can hopefully be resolved over the weekend and you'll be able to log in and download 2.0 immediately once it's ready (rather than having to wait half a day for us to get through the 200 can't-find-my-password emails that came in before yours).

LiAnCrow

秀才
mikelove said:
Well unfortunately it'll effectively be October 2nd in a lot of places; we won't be releasing it until Monday afternoon here in New York, so those of you not living a few hours east of the International Date Line will be stuck waiting until Tuesday to install it.

Yet another reason why I love California. :p

jugdish

秀才
Accessing Version 1 Still

mikelove said:
the two versions should be able to coexist quite happily
I'm having difficulty accessing version 1 now that I have the beta version on my treo. Any suggestions?
(I'm interested in continuing to use the flashcard database I have within version 1 because the beta's data won't convert once 2.0 is official. I saved my flashcard backup file to my desktop before upgrading to the beta, just in case something went wrong -- not sure if it did go wrong, but I can't find version 1.)

gato

状元
Re: Accessing Version 1 Still

jugdish said:
mikelove said:
the two versions should be able to coexist quite happily
I'm having difficulty accessing version 1 now that I have the beta version on my treo. Any suggestions?
(I'm interested in continuing to use the flashcard database I have within version 1 because the beta's data won't convert once 2.0 is official. I saved my flashcard backup file to my desktop before upgrading to the beta, just in case something went wrong -- not sure if it did go wrong, but I can't find version 1.)
See this thread: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1082
That was an oversight on the new installation. Mike is going to fix so that the two versions can co-exist on the same device.

If you are using Palm, installing "PlecoDict.prc" from 1.0 should bring your the old version back.