Outlier Kanji Dictionary integration

daal

探花
Hi, I'm wondering what the status is of the collaboration between Pleco and Outlier regarding Outlier's Kanji dictionary. Is this still a thing? It seems that Outlier is making their own app and there was some talk about using Pleco until it is finished. If I purchase the Outlier dictionary does it function as an add on to my regular Pleco, or as a separate instance? Does Pleco's flashcard system work with the Kanji dictionary? Will the Kanji dictionary continue to be available in Pleco after Outlier releases its own app? This all seems unclear after looking at the Outlier website, so perhaps someone here can set things straight, thanks.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
I'm not totally clear on that either, actually - it's kind of up in the air at the moment.

At the moment, we do offer Outlier Kanji in Pleco, it works within the regular Pleco app and sort-of works with our flashcard system albeit not perfectly. And there's not currently any agreement in place to offer it in Pleco long term, but there might eventually be one.

daal

探花
Thanks for the clarification, and also for building a system where it is easy to get an answer even to a tough question.