Palm OS how to install 3a?

bam

秀才
So I downloaded pd2b3a.zip and pd2b3audio.zip. Unzipped them.
According to the installing.txt, I put all the files on my SD card except the contents of the palmhwr (PlecoDict HWR Database.pdb and PlecoDict HWR Library.prc).

I can't find the PlecoDict.prc! My zip only has the PlecoDict-WM4.exe and PlecoDict-WM56.exe which can't transfered.
Is there some other zip file that has the right files?

Any tips?

ipsi

状元
Look for a file called 'Pleco Engine.prc' and install that. I'm not sure if that was included or not. I'll have a look when I get home if it's not.

bam

秀才
OK. I'm trying to follow the installing.txt as best I can...

Using Quick Install, I have the following files in the Handheld:
Pleco Engine.prc
PlecoDict HWR Database.pdb
PlecoDict HWR Library.prc

All the other files are on the Expansion Card.

Now how do I launch the application? There's no icon or anything.
I have a Palm Tx.

TIA

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Have you actually synced those files over yet? HotSync your Palm with your desktop to copy them over, then there should be a Pleco Engine icon in your Palm's application launcher screen.

bam

秀才
Yes I synced 'em. There's no Pleco icon in the Application's list. Is there a way for me to see files on my Tx. It's new, I was using an IPAQ before.

bam

秀才
Found the icon -- I had 2 users. Ugh!

Next prob -- now I get an error saying "Cannot locate and font files...."
?

bam

秀才
Got it to work by moving all the files to the Handheld. Anybody know what files I can/should move to the SD card?

ipsi

状元
You can move all the files barring the 3 you listed as originally being on the device.

If you're only using 2.0, to make it work, ensure they're in /PALM/Launcher on the SD Card.

The starting / just means that the Directory PALM should be contained by the card itself, and not any other directories.

To view the internal files and whatnot of your Palm, get FileZ. Just do a google search for it, I don't have a link handy. But it's free :D.

bam

秀才
So are you saying that I have to create a directory called Launcher on the SD card?
Then I put the files in that directory?

BTW - I found plenty of links to filez -- none of them work. If you have a working link, let me know.

bam

秀才
I can't find any other Palm file manager.
Does anyone know how to add a directory called Launcher on my SD card using the Palmone Quick install?

TIA!

ipsi

状元
As far as I'm aware it can't be done with the QuickInstall. In any event, it's actually where it should put them by default. I was more suggesting that you should check to make sure they were put there than anything else.

I'm not entirely sure what the problem could be. Do other things work fine from your SD Card?