PLC Dictionary Missing from Flashcards & Other Options

Saluki

Running latest version on Android. Any ideas on how to restore it? Related, what is the file called? If I can't find it on the phone, is it possible to download it again?

Thanks.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
If it's missing then your installation is corrupted and you should really delete and reinstall the entire app - no way to know what else might be missing or corrupt. You can back up your flashcards first via Import/Export / Backup Database in the sidebar menu.

crush

秀才
Thanks, i also had the PLC dictionary disappear after the latest update, reinstalling it fixed it. After the update to the new Pleco (the one with the entirely new interface) i also lost all my old custom entries, though i also bought the ABC dictionary and luckily most of my old custom entries are in the ABC dictionary.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Hmm, sorry about that - did you perhaps re-download Pleco from a different source when you updated?

crush

秀才
Now that i think about it i think the update isn't what made me lose the entries, it was switching to a new device. I backed up the flashcard database and imported it to the new device but the custom dictionary entries didn't seem to pass over. The flashcard is there, it just doesn't have a definition (ie. i get some message saying the dictionary entry for this card is no longer available or something similar). I guess that might be a completely separate issue, the update just came out right when i switched over to a new device so i'd assumed that was the issue.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Ah, yes, custom dictionary entries are actually kept in their own separate databases (though we're considering changing this in 3.2 or 3.3).

crush

秀才
Is there any way to export the custom entries database? For me it's not a huge issue now, i only had a couple hundred of them and many of them are in the ABC dictionary. I've been re-adding the ones that aren't as i come across them in my reviews.