Pleco Document Reader not working for PDF

It does not look like the screen I see in the tutorials either for the pdf reader :C it doesn't even have any bookmark part or anything, just the page arrows and the clock icon (for history). I've attached a screenie of the page to be clear.

I try clicking on the text but it does not show any definitions at all, nor does it register that there is something being clicked on.

I checked out a few other threads, and tried reinstalling directly from the Pleco website, etc. The pdf files I am using are also not the scanned type, I can copy paste to word documents / my browser / Pleco easily and accurately.

Is there something I am missing? :C Apologies, I've tried searching the posts but cannot find anything similar.

Thank you so much for the help in advance!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181008-211344_Pleco.jpg
    Screenshot_20181008-211344_Pleco.jpg
    351.2 KB · Views: 374

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
If the text is not tappable then that might be because this is a scanned PDF and needs to be OCR'ed; if you open up this same document as an 'image file' with our OCR function, that might work better, or alternatively you could run it through a Chinese OCR app on your desktop and then upload that OCRed PDF to your device for Pleco to read.