Pleco for Android 2.4.15 Released

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
3.1 is almost ready for beta testing, but in the meantime, here's a minor update fixing a couple of crashing bugs (including two OCR ones that have recently gotten a lot more prevalent) plus a bug which prevented long strings of Chinese text containing A-Z letters from being broken down correctly in the search box.

Get it now at http://cdn.pleco.com/androidapps/plecodroid-140330p.apk, will be up on GPlay tomorrow once a few of the users reporting OCR problems confirm that this fixes them. This is an APK file, so you can just click on that link in your device's web browser to download + install it.

Please let us know if you find any serious bugs still remaining in this release - 3.1 will have significantly more demanding system requirements than 2.4 did, so quite a few users are going to be stuck on 2.4.x until they upgrade their phones and we'd like to make sure it works as well for them as it possibly can.

Last edited:
Could you release a "Is my device ready for Pleco?" app? Something that would perhaps list what's needed (memory, OS version), what "could be better/faster", etc. Also, something that runs on everything, so that if I have a device that I think "should" work, I could report it. (It could generate full device info to email to you, for example). I guess it could even tell if ready for Pleco 2 versus 3 in the long run, but I'm thinking just 3.1 now.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
I don't think that's worth the effort, honestly - both Android and Google Play have very solid tools for limiting app installs based on device capabilities so they should already be able to accurately assess whether or not you can install 3.1.

Also, we're actually still debating a few requirements on our end, so we don't have a final set of them yet.

It wasn't to keep it from installing. It was to predict ahead of time (on my side) whether or not the expected 3.1 release would need a new phone :) (Love the new smileys!)

Yiliya

榜眼
Is the 3.1 beta going to be available through Google Play's beta testing program? If so, how do I subscribe to be a tester?