Pleco for Android 3.2.25

Moro

秀才
Pleco had prompted me to download Google TTS, which in turn informed me that there's now support for Mandarin (Taiwan) added in the latest version. So the question is, is there a way to choose which language gets used for reading out the examples?

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
We haven't added support for that Taiwan option yet but will in our next update (that Google TTS update came out the same day 3.2.25 did - also responsible for a couple of TTS bugs that have been incorrectly blamed on 3.2.25).

Wan

榜眼
In the latest version of Pleco, Audio Pronunciation (Male and Female) keep reappearing in the Updated tab of the addons section after downloading them and restarting Pleco. I can download them over and over again as “Updated“.

Barry

举人
I'd like to add, that this new feature regarding TTS in flashcards without highlighting relevant words, is actually forcing the brain to distinguish and understand Chinese much better than with highlighting.

HW60

状元
When in 3.2.26 I tap on Enable Full-text Index for my user dictionary, nothing happens, and full-text search is disabled for this dictionary.
That was one of my favourite functions, actually.

HW60

状元
Handwriting input in flashcards has changed from white to blue. Can the colour be changed in Settings?

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Should match whatever your current tint color is - we thought that would offer better contrast than the old white / gray did.

HW60

状元
I think in night mode I can only choose ON or OFF, no current tint color. Now I write white on black in dictionary mode and blue on black in flashcard mode and no chance to change it. Before I always wrote white on black, which I actually prefer.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Ah, true, no tint color setting in Night Mode. We'll consider adding an option to change the color in future updates, depending on what sort of other feedback we get on this change. (which was actually much-requested - lots of people complaining that the white strokes were too hard to see against white text)

Reactions: Wan

HW60

状元
lots of people complaining that the white strokes were too hard to see against white text)
I fully agree - I always use night mode because I have difficulties to see light grey on dark white and similar combinations. The bigger the contrast the better for me, therefore I prefer white on black, as it was used until 3.2.26 in dictionary and flashcards.

Now in night mode you have changed the color in flashcards only, and obviously I have problems to discribe what I mean. Of course I do not want to see white on white. But actually the dictionary and the flashcard system use different colors, and even if blue on black is not too difficult to see for me, I do not know why you changed it and why you changed it only in flashcards and not in the dictionary too, if it is so much requested.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-03-25-14-51-01.png
    Screenshot_2016-03-25-14-51-01.png
    91.5 KB · Views: 425
  • Screenshot_2016-03-25-14-30-04.png
    Screenshot_2016-03-25-14-30-04.png
    77 KB · Views: 437
Reactions: Wan

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
The difference is that in flashcards, the handwriting box is transparent - the problem wasn't seeing it against a black background, it was seeing it against a page filled with white characters. If we ever add a transparent handwriting option to the search screen we'll probably do the same on that one.

Miguel

状元
Got a new cellphone, Xiaomi Hongmi 2 , running MIUI 7.2.2 (Android 4.4). The clipboard monitor is not showing properly in the notification bar. I can't see the whole sentence on the top, the movement arrows or the bottom buttons.
Screenshot_2016-04-19-12-53-40_com.pleco.chinesesystem.png

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Does it help if you tap on it? Or long-press? Seems like your phone is refusing to display the expanded version of the notification and insisting on only showing the compact version, which doesn't have enough room for that extra sentence movement stuff.

Miguel

状元
Hi mike
Tapping on it opens the Clipboard reader. Long-pressing opens the notification settings. I've tried to change these a little but nothing changes. Also the Clip Monitor options